Sunday, September 21, 2008

I love glitter

Jacqui and I have decided to take some craft classes for fun - the first choice was All About Glitter at Clipper Street. I'm not normally a glitter person (and what type of person is that?) but I am completely in love with this technique! Here are a couple of cards that I made during the class using the ultra-fine glitter and some masking techniques. Follow this link to a great tutorial - http://craftstorejunkie.blogspot.com/2008/02/tutorial-glitter-masking-technique.html


This first card uses a simple mask created with a circle punch. The colours are alot more vivid in person.



This card is my favorite although the picture didn't work out great. I love the unusual colour choices and the way the images pop when the light hits them.



This is the first card we created - it isn't particularly exciting but nice enough for a first try. I laid down a strip of adhesive, cut out my images on a similarly sized piece of white cardstock, then laid the cardstock over the adhesive. The glitter was then added to the images and then rubbed in using my finger to create a velvety texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment