Monday, August 31, 2009

Crop for Kids 2009 - summer crop

What a wonderful treat! This past Saturday I got to spend an entire day scrapbooking with friends, thanks to the "Crop for Kids" organizers. Jacqui, Leslie & I took part in the summer crop (sort of a warm up to the weekend-long crop in October) and had quite a good time. We each won a door prize that we liked and I was even productive! I tried to use more patterns and techniques so I feel pretty good about my efforts. I managed to get several pages completed which brings me almost up-to-date for 2009 (let's not talk about pre-2006 though).

This first layout is for Phil's 46th birthday. Note the 2 PP's! And I added black & yellow brads for interest. The tags for the title were coloured using copic marker to achieve the same off-white tone as the paper.




This 2-page layout covers a recent visit we made to the Boundary Bay Airport air show. Again, I used a bold PP. I also used copics to colour the title cloud and the tags. The cloudy effect was accidental at first but I liked it so much that I continued it for all the tags. I also used my new Cricut to cut the "ready set go" words for the tags. The font is from the Disney Mickey Font cartridge. I really like how the colour in Luke's shirt is picked up in the paper and embellishments (again, a total fluke).





I'm busily finishing off and photographing the cards I made so will post those shortly. As well, I will get pictures of the make & takes up as a couple were pretty cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment