Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Copic Buzz Challenge

I'm so excited to have a chance to be a guest designer on the Copic Buzz Challenge! Thanks to Robyn's Fetish for providing a free image for me use - isn't the fireplace cute? Of course everything is coloured using my Copics. I am particularly proud of the glow from the fire - it worked out very well.


Card #1 – 3D Card

















The original digital stamp had 4 stockings hanging from the mantle but the 2 outside stockings were only sketched in lightly so they didn't look very good when coloured. I hid the sketched-in stockings on each card by “moving” the two middle stockings and adhering them with pop dots over the sketched stockings.

Then I added the pair of mice in stockings (Penny Black stamp) to the center. The cat in the sweater is also a Penny Black stamp. I added Stickles glitter glue to the cat’s sweater, holly berries and stockings. The cat is sitting on an actual piece of wrapping paper that I curled & distressed!

Card #2 – Shadow box card






















The scallop circle is cut on my Cricut and then inked with Versamark frost to give it shine.

I made my own patterned paper by stamping the blue cardstock with a holly stamp I got free in a magazine using the same Versamark frost ink.

I extended the fireplace by creating a chimney from pieces of another copy of the fireplace digital stamp.

--------------------
Well, that's it for today. I have to go work madly on a scrapbook I'm making for a co-worker who is retiring this week. Nothing like leaving it to the last minute!!!

2 comments:

  1. Super card and coloring, Shelley!

    I 'drew' your name from the comments on my Copics BBasics class at Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot. Email me if you'd like the image set from Digital Delights by Louby Loo, Little Boy Blue.

    Cindy
    cindy.royal@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete