Thursday, January 14, 2010

Valentine's Day is approaching

I can't believe it is half-way through January already! I am ever so rapidly losing control of my time, and yet I still manage to find time to craft. It's the only thing keeping me sane!!!

Anyway, today I have a couple of valentine's day cards to share - I'm not sure which one (if either) my husband will get.


This first card is made for 2 challenges:
  • Dustin Pike's first ever challenge at his new challenge blog (he even provides a free random stamp to use)
  • Copic Creations challenge #19 to colour fur


I used two Dustin Pike stamps - the bear and the background (from his pirate set). The images are coloured with Copics (of course). I followed Marianne Walker's Tutorial - Coloring Fur for the bear. I need lots more practice but I think the result is still more realistic than I usually achieve.

Recipe
Digital images - Dustin Pike
Paper - Basic Grey, Lemonade
Ribbon - scrap, unknown
Other - glossy accents, heart brads



This second card uses a digital stamp from a brand-new company called Wink* Wink* Ink. The image is a freebie and it is just soooo cute.




Recipe:
Digital image - Wink* Wink* Ink
Paper - Basic Grey, Granola

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Both cards are sooo pretty! Awesome coloring. Thank you so much for joining us at the Copic Creations challenge! hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley....WOW, what a way to use Dustin's images! Awesome job combining the background with the sentiment....just perfect! Love the coloring and addition of the ribbons and little heart brads! Thanks so much for playing along with us.
    Hugs,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great choice of images, thanks for joining us in this challenge :0)

    ReplyDelete