Thursday, January 7, 2010

Winter birthday card

Just finished this card for the Pollycraft Monday Challenge. The theme was "winter birthdays" which worked out perfectly for me as I had to make a card for my dear friend Kathleen's birthday in a couple of weeks. I chose this cute little bear "Bronson Star Gazing" from Tales of Pollycraft. I coloured Bronson with my Copic markers, using pinks and other feminine shades to make Bronson more girly. The background paper is from Basic Grey's "Euphoria" line. You can't tell in the picture but there is white flowersoft added to the hat, boots and mittens. I added an outline sticker star and finally, a sprinkling of Stickles for snow (you can't have a finished project without glitter!) and the card is done.




The card has a tri-fold - when closed you see the simple front with the sentiment "wishing upon a star" and then once the right flap is opened you see the sentiment continue along with a detailed border.


3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Shelley, I love how it opens, that's such a great idea! Isn't Bronson just the sweetest, I love colouring him in!!
    Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Pollycraft Monday Challenge :0)
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Shelley, love the tri-fold style you have used and Bronson and Beaker are coloured beautifully, love the setting of your wording too.

    Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft challenges.

    Hugs


    Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, I love the colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete