Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring is (really) coming

Here is card that I created for my Mom (who is still half-buried in snow). I used a wonderful digital stamp image from Tales from Pollycraft called "Follow the Leader", along with Basic Grey papers, to make a card that just feels like Spring to me. I only used 4 Copic colours and I added more shading than normal.


As usual I'm entering this card in a few challenges:
I linked my card on the Play Date Cafe challenge (which was to use light yellow, deep yellow and white) although I think I actually used too much green to technically qualify. But using lots of yellow is such a departure for me that I wanted to share my result.

15 comments:

  1. Fab card Shelly, super image and colouring and love the papers used for the panels. Lovely take on the sketch :)

    Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi this fortnight

    Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you with the yellow, isn't it weird that some colours are just so hard to use loads of? Love this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shelley

    How adorable, really is very Spring like, although it's very late making an appearnce here is the UK as well.

    Thank you for joining in with my wings theme at Polkadoodles this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute is this card. I love the ducks and the colours. Thanks for entering the Polka Doodles challenge.

    Luv Dee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww so cute,love the image.
    Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi.
    poppy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just darling and a perfect card for spring! Thanks for playing at I Love Digi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card its such a cute image that you have coloured beautifully.

    Thanks for joining us at I Love Digi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo cute. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely image and colours. I hope your mum finds her way out of the snow soon.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute card, I love the little duckies!!! Thank you for joining in at Polka Doodles this week x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card! This image makes me smile! Great take on the sketch!
    Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Digi!
    Dee (Spryte)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful, the colours are excellent. It's a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for playing along in our wings challenge at Polkadoodles. Fab card! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a cute image thanks for joining us at polkadoodles this week
    kate x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great card. Cute image! Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi!!

    ReplyDelete