It's almost 11pm (which for anyone who knows me, knows is VERY late for me) but I really wanted to finish this card while the idea was in my head. I made this card for an 18-year old girl who recently discovered she has MS. McKenzie loves to dance and when I saw this vintage newspaper photo on The Graphics Fairy I just thought it would be ideal. This dancer's smile and attitude just shine, in much the same way that this modern girl shines (to hear more about McKenzie, check out Dustin Pike's blog).
I used my brand-new, delivered yesterday, Basic Grey "Cappella" papers & stickers. The photo is straight black & white but printed off with a bit of a sepia tone so the colours are just perfect. The sketch is from Midnight Madness and was a stretch for me - I don't usually do stitching on cards but I love how the laces echo the lacing of ballet slippers.
- Basic Grey "Capella" papers & stickers
- Fiber (DMC cross-stitch floss)
- Midnight Madness, sketch
- Create 4 Fun - make a vintage card
- Pile it On - out of the box (although I love vintage, using a photo and addingstitching is very "out of the box" for me
- Simon Says Stamps Challenge - pink, green, brown
- Polka Doodle - sew & sew
- ABC Challenge - "V" is for vintage
- Paper Play - "up in the air" (I'm probably stretching it, but I believe that ballerinas do fly through the air)
- The Crazy Challenge - girly