Sunday, July 18, 2010

LIfe's a beach!

I've had a pretty productive weekend that resulted in several cards and a scrapbook page. And just so you don't think I spent all my time inside, I also threw in a day of yardwork and a trip to the beach today. And so in honour of an afternoon spent sunning and sand-castle building, here is a simple little card made using a Michelle Perkett freebie (currently on offer at CDAC).
I used Basic Grey papers (from Green at Heart) along with some scrap ribbon. I wanted to add a bit of bling so added the row of rhinestones on the left along with a pink gem in the girl's hair. I also added some Stickles to the starfish but it is so subtle as to be unnoticeable.

The sketch is for CDAC's sketch challenge and was quite easy/versatile to use. I'll have to keep this one handy for the future.
Challenges:

7 comments:

  1. Sooo cute :) I love beach cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeaous, what a cute image and lovely papers and sketch. Thanks for joining us at OSCC this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. this week in our babies/children challenge with your lovely work Shelley - such a cute image! Good luck in the draw. Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card.
    Thanks for playing along with my challenge at Allsorts this week and for sharing it with us at OSCC
    Take care.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY cute!! Love the colors and the layout. Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at OSCC.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete