Thursday, September 9, 2010

Frightening photo shoot

Last year, my BFF Jacqui held a Halloween photo shoot with her pets and then sent the photos out to friends & family in brown-paper-bag-albums. It's been almost a year but I've finally got around to scrapbooking the photos. Before checking out the layout however, I have to make a few assurances:
  1. Jacqui is not insane (at least not certifiably); she has a great sense of humour
  2. Peter, the dog, underwent intensive therapy following this shoot and aside from a lingering fear of feathers has fully recovered
  3. The cat asked that her name be with-held in order to protect her privacy (and pride) 
Everytime I look at these photos I laugh. I particularly love the photo of Peter in the devil horns - he looks like he's wanting to be staked!

Scrapping these shots was a challenge because I needed to ensure that the album itself (in the bottom left corner) was accessible. I ended up cutting a strip of kraft cardstock which I attached on the right side only. The album then slides onto the card and is held in place. This way I can remove the album anytime I want to look through it. Not only is the cover quite wonderful, but there are stamped images along with lots of journalling all through the pages.

Aside from displaying the album, I also used the left-side page to highlight my 2 favourite pictures. Of course Peter's picture is easy to see but the other fave is hidden behind the orange pop-up doors. Are you ready??? 

I used quite a variety of product lines on these pages:
  • "Trick or Treat" shiny embossed laser die-cut from Little Yellow Bicycle
  • Ghost charm (unknown, from stash)
  • Small rhinestone gems (unknown, from stash)
  • "BOO" title from Ezee Pzee Embellishments (coloured black and then Glossy Accent'ed)
  • QuicKutz 4x4 pop-up door die-cut
  • Basic Grey patterned paper (orange)
  • Bo Bunny "Boo Crew Dot" patterned paper (green)
  • Bat chipboard shape from Ezee Pzee Embellishments (coloured black and then Glossy Accent'ed)


Challenges:
Totally Papercrafts - charming (ghost charm on pop-up doors)
A Spoon Full of Sugar - animal crackers
ABC Challenge - "C" is for charms
Simon Says Stamps Challenge - holiday fun (my holiday is Halloween)

3 comments:

  1. A great Layout! Thank you for finding time to join in with our blog hop!
    Good Luck

    Linda Elbourne (Simon Says Stamp and Show)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pages! Love them - and the wonderful sense of humor visible through it all!!

    Thank you for joining me & the rest of the Design Teams for Simon Says' blog hop & challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete