Thursday, November 18, 2010

Best present ever

Today's Christmas card features an adorable dog from Mo's Digital Pencil Too.
I coloured this digi image with Copics and then cut out him using a Spellbinders die. Then I lightly inked the edges of the frame with a Copic marker (R25) to help the panel stand out more against the busy background paper. The patterned paper itself has lots of glitter & glitz so I kept the embellishments to a minimum, just adding a stretchy Christmas'y ribbon along the top. The card is quite simple but I'm really quite pleased with my colouring job on the dog - I have lots to learn about shading but I think I managed to capture the ruffled softness of the fur.

This is a super short post today as I am tired after spending last night at a benefit dinner for "Feed the Future" (providing hot lunches to children over the summer months when school lunch programs aren't available. The food was good and the company enjoyable but the highlight of the evening was meeting Chef Michael Smith and hearing about his recent experience cooking for the 2010 Olympics up in Whistler. He had some great stories about the food preferences and special requests of the various Olympic athletes. And it doesn't hurt that he is a super nice guy who had all of the ladies in the room (excepting me, of course) drooling into their prime rib.
Have a wonderful day!

Challenges:
Totally Gorjuss - traditional Christmas colours
The Crafty Pad - Christmas sparkle (the paper & ribbon have sparkle/shine)



3 comments:

  1. This is a very cute card. Love the image. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous creation! I love it!

    Thank you for joining The Crafty Pad Xmas Sparkle challenge! Hugz Sal xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww, he's just so cute. :o) Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

    ReplyDelete