Friday, November 26, 2010

Stained glass Christmas

So tell me, do crafters ever get tired of glitter? You don't actually have to answer that because the answer is so obvious - everything is better with glitter! And with that idea in mind, I decided to experiment with some acetate, peel-off stickers and glitter.

To create these cards I started with a sheet of acetate that I cut into circles. I adhered peel-off stickers to the smooth side of the acetate and then coloured on the rough side using my Copic markers. Next I added matching Stickles glitter glue to the rough side and let dry. Next, I cut a slightly smaller circle from a piece of Basic Grey patterned paper (Eskimo Kisses) and a cardbase. Once the glitter glue was dry, I attached the acetate between the cardbase and the patterned paper so that the image showed through.

To embellish the cards, I created a swag with pine branch punches and a poinsettia flower. As you can see, I went non-traditional by using a light green and lots of pink. I think the result is a very feminine and sparkly card that suggests stained glass.


Challenges:
Drunken Stampers - no stamps
Totally Gorjuss - Christmas using non-traditional colours
Crafty Creations - Christmas
Creative Cottage - non-traditional Christmas
Stamping Vacation - start here: red glitter (see the second card with it's deep red)
ABC Christmas - "X" is for Christmas, optional: flowers
Lil Red Wagon - Basic Grey
Fussy & Fancy - Christmas with no red/green (see the first card; I used such an unusual shade of green that I hope it counts)

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Shelley - this is a great technique. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely. I agree, I think we all love glitter. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous cards Shelley :-) I love glitter too ,,, I sparkle everything in sight ,,, even the dog if she gets too close lol :-)

    thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards Shelley, yes glitter is fantastic. Thanks for taking part in ABC Christmas Challenge this time.
    Dorte,x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ya
    two fabulous cards, luv all the sparkle,thank you for joining us at The Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards lovely & glittery.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never is right! Never tire of glitter! Wonderful blingy cards. Thanks so much for stepping outside the box with your Christmas Creation WITHOUT Red & Green at Fussy & Fancy this time round ! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very kewl!
    Thanks for playing!
    Dee - LRW DT

    ReplyDelete