Friday, January 28, 2011

Are you sure you have to go?

I have a hard time when someone I like/respect leaves - I just don't do sentimental very well. So when the secretary at my sons' school announced her departure for another job I was a bit stymied about what kind of card to make her. This wonderful woman has been a huge support for my eldest son and her leaving is a true tragedy for him and the school as a whole. I decided to go with a humorous card so that I wouldn't end up getting all sloppy and mushy about how much she means to the kids (and their parents). 
The image is from Elizabeth Dulemba (her weekly free colouring pages are perfect for cards) and the sentiment is my own warped creation. I used papers from Basic Grey (my absolutely favourite paper line) along with a Nestabilities die to create the frame. I don't remember where I picked up the pink pom pom ribbon but I really like how it adds a bit of movement and fun to the card.

Challenges:
Crafty Pad - girly
Creative Belli - anything starting with "P" (I used pom poms & patterned paper)
Delicious Doodles - spots or stripes (there are lots of spots on this card)
Digi's with Attitude - include a digi person
Everybody Art Challenge - my favourite thing (my favourite paper line)
Fab 'n Funky - use a digi
The Outlawz Copic Challenge - anything goes
Sketch Saturday - sketch

15 comments:

  1. Great card!LOL! Holding my sides!!!!Thanks for joining us at Digi's With Attitude! this week!
    Good luck & hope you join us again!!
    Hugs
    Dawn xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelley, I love this card, its so special having read the sentiment behind it! Its so nice that you went to the trouble of making her a card so appropriate!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Delicious Doodles and our spots and stripes challenge!

    Keryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oH DEAR.....i WAS AFRAID THE p STOOD FOR SOMETHING ELSE! tHANKS FOR THE GIGGLE! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday! Hugs, Sem x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great fun card, she'll certainly remember this one. Love Elizabeth O.Dulemba's images, they were my very first digi's. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!!! Great to see your work at Delicious Doodles Challenge! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL - funny card!
    Thank you for playing our Spots & Stripes Challenge at The Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog this week, and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny! I'm sure she'll get a kick out of it. Thanks for joining us at Digi's With Attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!...Just love your fab digital creation! Thanks so much for joining us at Fab'n'Funky! xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card! I love all the pinks! Thanks for joining us this week at Digi's With Attitude!

    Tammylee DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. Love the colors :)

    Thanks for joining us this week at Digi's With Attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable cute card, love the fun image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too funny! I have seen that dance!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my gosh -you did a marvelous job- thanks for entering it at Digi's With Attitude - love your work!

    Juelmarie - DWA - DT

    ReplyDelete