Thursday, October 13, 2011

Have a ball on your birthday

Today's card is a fun & simple birthday card that I created for my niece. I was really pleased with how my colouring of the image (from Karen's Doodles) turned out so I decided to go with a very simple card design. I simply matted the image on some glossy red paper, placed it against a starred background and then added a "ribbon" of the same red paper. Super simple! I was inspired to add buttons over top of the balls - I think it's a fun and dimensional touch.

Challenges:

9 comments:

  1. Very, very cute! Great coloring job. LOVE it! Thanks for joining the Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG ... how a clever idea to use buttons for the balls ... looks AWESOME and so much fun!!!

    Thanks for joining our 'Birthday Challenge' at The Sisterhood this week ... we do hope you'll come back again next challenge!!

    Darlene
    One of the 'Sistahs'
    www.darscraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little mouse is just too cute! LOVE the button balls, so very clever! Wonderful1
    Cindy Porter
    http://cardcrazeeme53.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card. Love your colouring and buttons idea.
    Hugs
    Natali

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet and cute :-) thanks so much for playing with lollipopcrafts - hugs Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun image, it made me smile. Thanks for joining in with our challenge at One Stop Craft this week.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. clever, clever, clever! The coloring is GREAT, but the button balls take the cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card! Love the colorful buttons! Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The buttons are GENIUS! Super coloring on this adorable image (I love Karen's sweet images!) Thanks for joining in the Sisterhood of Crafters Birthday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete