Saturday, October 1, 2011

Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge

I'm really excited today because I get to share a couple of cards that I created as a guest dt member for Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge. I've recently entered into a partnership with SAS4K and now am running the Canadian arm - SAS4K (Canada). Being an occasional guest designer is probably the most fun perk!

The challenge is called Fall Color- Anything Goes for Kids and runs for two weeks. The sponsors are Bee Crafty (3 digital stamps of the winners choice) and Prairie Fairy ($15 gift certificate). I've chosen an image from each of the sponsors because I just couldn't decide between them. Both cards will be donated to Send A Smile 4 Kids (Canada).

This card uses an image from Prairie Fairy - isn't she just the cutest? I've been spotting this girl all over blogland lately and have been wanting to get my hands on a few. I frame the image using a Spellbinders die and then added some felt flowers and silk leaves that I touched up with glitter (because everything is better with glitter). I've left the inside of the card blank thinking that the sentiment on the front "Swinging by to say" could be finished off in so many ways ("happy birthday", "congratulations", "good luck"). I used this week's Midnight Madness sketch.

The card uses a Bee Crafty image - I love how simple the lines are. I didn't want the embellishments or papers to complete, so I kept the background papers subtle and just added a sheer ribbon and some tulle flowers. Again, no sentiment so that it can be used for a variety of purposes. For this card, I used this week's Skipping Stones sketch.

Challenges:

4 comments:

  1. Fun cards and great blogpost! Thanks for joining us at SAS4Kids and for our great partnership!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops sorry... both cards are great thanks so much for playing
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both your cards are really adorable, thanks for joining SAS4Kids for this challenge and I also look forward to our partnership :)

    ReplyDelete