Friday, June 1, 2012

Happy birthday to my BFF

One of my very best BFF's had a birthday earlier this month and I needed to make her a very special card. She is a Siamese-lover and when I came across this image online I printed it in black & white and then coloured it to match her cats more closely. The papers are from Bo Bunny and really match her personality - vibrant, colourful and fun. I lightly sanded and inked all of the papers plus I tore and inked the middle stripe (using the actual paper design for my guide).

My favourite part of the card is the medal on the front. I stumbled across a bunch of metal highland dance medals at a garage sale and I think it makes a perfect embellishment. I covered the dance competition name/date with the flower and then added a bit of sparkly ribbon. Totally fun!


Challenges:

12 comments:

  1. A very special card the cat is wonderful as is the brilliant 'medal'. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! and purrfect (lol) for your friend, thanks for sharing with us at craft room challenge, debi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shelley, what a fabulous card. Love the image and such a clever idea to re-cycle the medal.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! That image makes me think of the movie, the lady and tramp! LOL!
    Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The medal is a great addition to the card and the image is puurrfect....thank you for entering the Craft Room challenge this fortnight. Wishes, Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so cute cat,
    lovely card!
    Thank you for celebrating Craft-Room Challenge's first birthday & blog hop with your entry, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, cute image....Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky & Divas this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. such cute combination!
    ~ Thanks for joining us at 365cards
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purrrrr-fect card for your bud! LOVE the zesty colours in your pp! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations Challenges! bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful card, I adore that image. Thanks for joining us at Craft Room Challenge and good luck. Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card especially the great cat image. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete